Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Equal Time for Guitarists

Yeah, I know, it's not a bass!

After a long time of no newsletter activity, it might seem like overkill, but it's just the way things worked out. The prototype has found a home, so I wanted to make some more. I have an idea or two about the details, but even if you're not a guitar player, you might have some good ideas. So, let's get to it, and share your opinions about colors, etc. You can either email me, or just leave a comment here at the bottom of the blog. That can be kind of fun to get different ideas swirling around! Click on each picture to see more detail.

Gnarly Maple
2 Humbuckers
Floyd Rose
Well, the last guitar didn't stay around long enough, and the hums sounded real good, so I thought I'd do it again, but this time with a locking tremolo.

At this point, I'm leaning towards a classic sunburst, like a classic Les Paul, but I don't want to cover up the maple too much. Even though the top has strong curl, it has lots of irregular coloring, which has its own appeal. What do you think?


Hot Rod S-type
Routed for vintage trem
Rear-rout Strat pickups
This alder guitar has the most possibilities of color. I'm thinking Surf Green, Salmon Pink, Candy Apple Red, white, or black. Chrome hardware?
Hmmm...

1 Comments:

Blogger Geoff Gould said...

the vintage alder body is being painted surf green!

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home